A Week at a Glance
A huge range of activities make for an exciting and engaging curriculum.
For detailed information about our curriculum please see our Curriculum Policy.
The Pears Family Schools offers:
- Great support from therapists, teachers and teaching assistants
- No more than 6 -8 students per teaching group
- High staff to pupil ratio
- A focus on reading: Accelerated Reader, Phonics and Structured Reading
- A focus on core skills: English, 5 x 1 hour lessons per week; Numeracy and Maths, 5 x 1 hour lessons per week
- Science, mapped within our learning journey
- Humanities, mapped within our learning journey
- SmartGym is built into the weekly curriculum
- Sports and PE with small group swimming lessons for all students
- An innovative social and emotional curriculum including multi-family group and therapeutic support and parent learning
- An ever-expanding programme of extra-curricular activities, including Music, Coding, Art and fitness clubs